Monday, July 13, 2009

Chasing Rainbows


Candid dreams I dreamt with them
How crystal clear life was supposed to be
Away from all maliciousness
Serene, pristine, it should be
Intellect ruled and love prevailed
Now they shattered all my silly dreams
Gagged and stained is my reality with theirs

Real is this? I ask when the curtain falls
Alters my perception of peaceful living
Intimidated I am by harsh truths
Now it seems I lived in glass castles
But I wish I could take it in my stride
Obey the changing rules of life and give in
Wishful thinking is all I do – inside I am so numb
So I was chasing rainbows… How could I be so dumb…

Prompted @ Acrostic Only

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Applause !!!!!! loved this :)

Fatima said...

Thanks!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

"Now it seems I lived in glass castles"

This lines speaks to chasing rainbows in its entirety ... I had to smile when I read it.